Vinyl Cutting Workshop

Following my latest endeavors in vinyl cut stickers I have been thinking ti might be good to run a workshop on making a sticker for something - could be anything from laptops to small window sticker just vinyl cut

I am thinking start by covering inkscape as normal - and vector images
then exporting an cutting

what do we reckon?

We could also do it low cost/free since we have so many offcuts

Sounds like a good plan.

I’m going to put myself down for doing a workshop every other Saturday so it would be great if people could fill in the gaps.

Best thing to do is work up a one page document saying what you are going to cover, resources needed etc.

ok will do that - let us know when you ahev drawn up a plan

Vinyl cutter workshop.docx (13.4 KB)
Have a look at this - actually not that much to cover

Do we want to fix a date for this - have created some resources but we may need to order some vinyl

I am going to put a date on this - how does 3rd feb sound?

Nothing in the diary, so go for it.

I’d definitely be interested

Are we putting tickets on eventbrite?

Just give me the details and I’ll put it up.

How about -
Gadget stickers workshop

Come and learn how to design and create personalized stickers for laptops, phones and tablets. You may want to bring a laptop you can install software on as we will be using a free piece of software to design our stickers. Not to worry if you don’t though - we have 6 available for you to borrow. Please let us know if you require one through the form on eventbrite.

So what will you create?, from a name sticker to custom designs our members have created many different creative stickers so join us to learn how to create your own, from design to manufacture. It may be useful but not essential to have an idea in mind before the workshop - we will be showing you how to add text and images to your sticker to cut out of one color of vinyl

Let us know what you think ^

Duration 2 hours

And maybe a box to book a laptop?

Also not sure on price?

I’ve just messed around with the grammar and punctuation. I think would be a bit better:

Come and learn how to design and create personalized vinyl stickers for laptops,
phones or anything!

You may want to bring a laptop so you can install your
own copy of the free software we will be using to design the stickers.

You don’t need a laptop to participate though - we have 6 available for you to borrow.
Please let us know if you require one through the form on eventbrite.

So what will you create? From a name sticker to custom designs our,
members have created many different creative stickers. Join us to learn how to
create your own, from design to manufacture. It may be useful but not essential to
have an idea in mind before the workshop - we will be showing you how to add text
and images to your sticker and how to cut it out of vinyl.

Sounds good thanks

I’d like to attend this :slight_smile:

Great stuff.

You can book yourself on here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gadget-sticker-workshop-tickets-42090162810

I’ve signed up and bought a ticket, thanks.
Does the free software work with Mac OSX?
If so what is it called so I can install it before the event?

Yes - it’s inkscape

Hi Kieren
Thanks for your help today with the stickers.
It would be great to get some instructions together on how to go from inkscape to plotter without having to hassle you for help too much.

Can we figure out what were the final steps needed to make the output file play nicely with the plotter?

Thanks again. My kids are out but when they come home I’ll be giving them their new stickers and then I can get on with designing some more for other projects.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for coming, sounds good, I will write up some of the instructions whilst I am away and add them to the blog

Thanks Keiran. Today was a great first step towards me printing some fun
stickers for my projects. Cheers! :slight_smile: