Volunteers Week

Any volunteers?

Volunteers Week 2018 falls on Friday 1st June – Thursday 7th June.

On Wednesday 6th June Action Together will be hosting a special town centre event on Albion Street. We are inviting Oldham charities and community groups to come along and showcase who they are and what they do. This will be a great opportunity to promote your organisation and recruit new volunteers! It’ll also give you the chance to meet & network with other people from other Oldham groups.

The theme of this event is Volunteering in Action.

While there will be stalls available for you to share information with the public, this is an event with a difference and we are asking organisations to bring along an activity that people can get involved in.

For example, if you’re a football group bring a long some balls and cones or a gardening groups bring along some plants to pot. This activity will highlight what people can do if they become a volunteer with you. The aim is to have fun, get people talking and promote the variety of volunteer roles available.

We will be giving everyone the chance to jump on the GMFRS stage and pitch your project to a town centre audience.

If you would like to come along, have a stall, run an activity, let us know and we can book you a space!

Call us on 0161 339 2345 or email alishia.ross@actiontogether.org.uk

I am not Able to do this event sorry. Got exams that week however it would be a very good opportunity for the space so if others are available I’ll see what I can do

I’ll do what I can to help, just let me know whats needed.